Sunday, February 24, 2008

The day of the blizzard

Today it started; to swirl around me; the white snow flakes got caught up in my hair; and I flew into the world ....of whiteness.

White was covered everywhere and it was snowing...we walked and walked. I got tired, we went home, went to the fireplace and lit the fire, we got toasty warm, we took a nap....for one an a half hours!!

The most suprising thing that happened today was that yesterday it was about 50 degrees here and today is about 20 degrees and has been snowing all day long. Now, the trees outside our window are covered in whiteness, the birds no longer chirk their beautiful songs, the squirrels no long make sounds and the cats do not meow..like they would on a sunny day.

2 comments:

pageworker7 said...

I know how different it is to have squirrels and birds stop chirrping also . We latley have had cold weather but over the weekend we were outside in shorts and short sleeve shirts. It snowed yesterday and me and my friend played in it. The weather down here seems to change in the blink of an eye. Brian

Kyle said...

sounds quiet...