Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Chinese School day from Julia

Today was my second day of Chinese school. School here starts at 7:45 and ends at 11:45. We have a 2 hour lunch break and then go back to school until 5 pm.

The classroom is big, about 41 kids are in the class. We sit and repeat what our Chinese teacher says. In the middle of the class, everyone stands up and bows to the teacher. Next, is math class. We are learning about sides.

After math class, we do our stretches. You jump, do some tai chi, practice your numbers and you dance alittle.

After our stretches we get a ten minute recess. We can go into the gym there or we can play outside of the school classroom. When the music starts, you have to return to the classroom and start English class.

If I have to go to the bathroom, I am out of luck because the bathrooms do not have stalls at all!!! they just have little stones that are cut in half and you can easily see other people going to the bathroom.

At recess, all the kids huddle around me and then I get out of try to get away from them and run as fast as I can. Then they chase me. It is a lot of fun.

bye, Julia

5 comments:

Malia said...

Wow, Julia. Chinese school sounds so interesting. The bathrooms sound a little challenging, huh? And the recess game you came up with is brilliant :-) I be that you out-run them all! We miss you guys!! --Malia

Becky said...

Julia, I want to hear more about your school! What do you do during your two hour break? Are you able to understand any Chinese? I love and miss you!
Becky

Kyle said...

Julia, I bet you'll be making some close, lifelong friends. Now about the bowing, when I come to visit, is that the form of greeting I should expect? just kidding... Uncle Kyle

Julieanna said...

Julia, You sound like your very interested in their schools. It sound like you will have a lot of friends, and wonderful memories.
love ya xxoo

janaree said...

Julia, girl, you are having one great day after another! Stretches, singing, bowing, and listening. I'll bet the teachers are impressed with your writing. Do they let you do poetry and other creative things?

I have some classroom news. First Toby left at Christmas. Then you left. Next, without any notice, Evan, transferred to Randolph school. Today, I came to school (3-3-08) and Chris' mom said to me, "well, today is Chris' last day! He is going to go to Roper." Now, we have four names stapled to the calendar bulletin board! Everyone is getting bewildered trying to figure out why all the students leaving happen to be from our class! Now we only have 16 kids and Mrs. McKenzie has 20~

I had chicken salad for lunch, chocolate donettes for after school and Tex Mex with chips for supper.
No good slurping here!

love, Mrs. Nore