Thursday, February 21, 2008

Schools in China
In the morning we visited the kindergarten school for kids that were two year old up to seven, it was certainly something the chinese should be proud of. The kids started learning English at two years old, and keep on studying. They played games while resiting English poems and raced and talked in English. This was all at a montessory school, where pictures of maria Montessori hung from every where in the room. It utr an amazing site, and we had just read an article in the Chinese news paper talking about and eleven year old girl who worked in a fire cracker factory just to get enough money to go to school.
Hana


From the reversed headshot to a Chinese interview
As some of you might know, during Christmas I went to Texas and shortly after the attack where a tiger was involved at the zoo, shortly after that incident we were visiting the zoo with my cousint. We were put on tv, a perfect shot of the back of our heads, and now later the legend continues, of course when the Chinese saw us they murmured three words, reversed headshot, Texas before a throng of brown eyes and dark haired people surrounded us, our parents were pushed backwards, and a lady stepped forward she spoke in quick Chinese and in seconds it was translated they wanted to take a video of us for the news on Saturday, of course we could not say no so we were pushed forward and I had my first ever interview in Chinese on tv, and it would be broadcasted to 1.5 billion people. My interview was thus, Hi, my name is hana, I am ten years old, I go to fifth grade. I like watching the Chinese new year celebrations. This is my little sister Julia, she is seven and is in 2nd grade. Then Julia spoke in English a bit, for about to words and afterward everyone pinched her cheeks, since I was older, everyone pinched Julia’s cheeks yet I was the one that got the camera time!
Hana

The day
After the morning looking at schools and eating fresh yo tiao, we came back and my mom took a nap as we ate and read, then we were ready for lunch. We were to meet a Chinese administrator who spoke English, rainbow, and we went off to her favorite restaurant, there were three courses in all, blended in to one. There was porridge first, then you could go and look at the dishes there were and buy them and get the dessert all the prices marked and then you can take it back with you. After that experience there were muddy alleys and shop vendors scrambling to try and sell us things, it ended rather abruptly as Julia started to fall asleep while she was walking and we got a cab home. Before having to struggle not to sleep.
Hana
Sorry I wrote this badly, I was really tired when I wrote this and I just wanted to go to sleep!

4 comments:

Malia said...

Hi. It sounds like seeing chinese schools was fun! I understood the first story but not the second and part of the last. It's ok if you were tired and you made some mistakes. I sometimes do that too. Is Julia ever going to write? Nothing much is going on here except for my Living Museum tomorrow for my biography person {Amelia Earhart). I'm going to dress up like her and give a speech about her and her life. I can't wait! Bye!
Nalani

Malia said...

I think it's great that you got interviewed. I would had fun doing that!!But I might be scared if I knew that it would be broadcast to 1.5 billion people!!!!!!!! :-)
Nothing much is going on here except my play and Nalani's living museum (which you might already know about).
***Ke'alohi***

Kyle said...

i'm so lucky to have such famous nieces -- and smart too. sounds like an adventure everyday. can i be your agent?

Julieanna said...

dito to uncle Kyle!! What wonderful memories you are going to have! i love this. now that i figured out how to use it! you know me so computer illiterate
i love reading all of your stories.
love ya xxoo