Saturday, July 26, 2008

My feelings about Home -- Julia

I feel happy and sad at the same time.

While I live in the U.S., I feel like Xi'an is my home. I have lived in Xi'an for so long, I have gotten to know it well and the people are very nice. The friends that we have here include Austrialians, a family from Boulder, and many Chinese people. I miss my friends, my family, my dog, my home and my school.

I will always remember how nice people were here, that they were never mean, and all the attention that they gave us. I will also remember some things that I didn't like so much like: the pollution, construction, how dirty things are, and the beggars. I also won't forgot how some people talk to waiters and waitresses, almost treating them like servants.

Things I will not ever forget in my life: Chinese toilets, baby outfits (split in the bottom area), and how different life is for men and women (men can drink beer but women have to sit and look pretty all the time).

I really miss playing with my friends, being at home, and running with my dog. But I still love all the food in China...!!!

Julia

No comments: