Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Earthquakes

The first real earthquake was on the May 12th at 2:28, as you know at my school, their are two halves of the school day, at 12:00 there is a lunch break till 2:30, and so school had not yet even started for the second half when my desk started to shake. I had my chinese book out and was copying a character when the desk started shaking, I looked over at my desk mate Luyan, to see why she was shaking the desk but as I glared at her I realized she too was glaring at me!Then suddenly we both realized that we weren't shaking the desk, and so we started looking around,and I noticed that not only was my desk shaking but also the TV, walls and windows all were shaking as well, for a moment my whole class stared in stunned silence, then my teacher yelled, "DI JIAN!" Earthquake. Then everyone started screaming and yelling and running for the door, of course I didn't know what they were talking about, I had never learned the word for earthquake, I had never needed to, so as everyone screamed around me I calmly put away my chinese book and contemplated whether or not to bring a book. Finally I decided against and went with the crowds. We reached the playground and I found it was hard for me to stand strait, I kept falling forward or backward, and I thought that I was just dizzy. We stayed there for an hour and a half then parents came to pick up their children, it had given us all quiet the scare.
Hana

No comments: