Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mothers day!

happy Mothers Day

To all ---!
We are all settled in Xian. The students have started their classes, the girls are back at their former schools and Jeff and I are in decent work routines. It is truly amazing how connected we are and how universal some aspects are lives are. It took us just two days to get up and running,but no major problems and already we are equipped with a bike, tennis racquets, and our basic necessities have taken care of.

We had our first hotpot last night, in one of china's fancy new malls. We had a blast! I unfortunately don't have any pictures at the moment but we enjoyed all sorts of meat and vegetables cooked in a spicy sauce. The highlight for many was the killing and eating of turtle. Poor guy! We also delighted the restaurant filled with about four hundred with our Happy Birthday song for e six year old boy at the neighboring table.

I can't believe four years have passed since we were living in Xian. A lot has changed and in china this means whole entire neighborhoods of thousands have been constructed. For us, the biggest change has been in our girls. Hana was here as a quiet sixth grader and Julia as an adorable first grader. Now Hana is our outgoing and playful teenager and Julia remains as fun and adventurous as ever.

Not sure what all of these experiences will add up to for them, but for me and Jeff china has given us so much -- time to reflect, slow down, and enjoy our family. Dahs here feel like weeks at home and again i am intimately aware ofmtheir comings and goings.

I so appreciate what I have learned and feel so fortunate to be able to experience this very foreign culture.




Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

Kris said...

Happy Mother's Day to you...I'll write more when I have a keyboard instead of a phone screen. I'm so glad you made it and are enjoying the family life in China!