Friday, May 15, 2009

The first group run

Today we finally got to run in Xing Quin Park. I ran most of the way but at the end I had to stop because my lungs were burning. I walked with a Chinese student Yue. She and I went to a play area and went on this towering rocket slide. It was lots of fun!! We got to the gate a bit late but mom and keith were still waiting for us. Mom, as always, was nervous about my delay..but we were just fine.

We ran the rest of the way "home". Home for us here is on campus in the international dorms. On the outside the dorms looks kind of unique but on the inside it is pretty plain and average, though it is not bad at all.

We had breakfast at a Muslim cafeteria or canteen. Hana and I ordered at least ten baozi which are fluffy sort of dumpling. We then got kicked toward the end of our breakfast because we were eating food from a different canteen which had pork. Muslims don't eat pork and that was a problem.

At 9 in the morning, we had calligraphy class -- man from the university came to talk. Next week were are going to draw some calligraphy. I was very happy about that...and very surprised, because all he did was talk.

From 10 until 12 I had an interesting but hard Chinese class. We had a writing test since we finished a lesson.

I will write soon again because now I have to go to my Chinese discussion class with Yue, our Chinese friend..and my teacher!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Have Mimi and Pop made it?